[Yapc-na-organizers] FW: Conference facilities -UH University Center

Jeremy Fluhmann jeremy at msc.tamu.edu
Thu Sep 14 08:17:50 PDT 2006

FYI

-----Original Message-----
From: Grew-Gillen, Cheryl L [mailto:cgrewgil at Central.UH.EDU]
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 5:45 PM
To: Jeremy Fluhmann
Cc: Coltharp, Sandy ; Pettijohn, James ; Cole, Albert B.; Sevelia
Johnson; Grew-Gillen, Cheryl L; Kowalka, Keith T
Subject: RE: Conference facilities -UH University Center

Jeremy,

Congratulations on your successful bid award for your June 2007 Perl
Conference to be held in Houston!  I appreciate you sending the latest
update regarding potential dates.

As of yesterday, I can share with you that the date ranges of June 25-27
(27th if conference will be ending before the evening) and June 18-20
(same as the 27th for an afternoon ending of the conference) are
currently open time frames for 2007.

Our June 2007 sessions for New Student Orientation are scheduled for
Thursday and Friday each week during the month.  Orientation occupies
the entire University Center for each session.  Our final setup occurs
each Wednesday evening.  The earlier days of the week continue to offer
you the best potential availability during the summer.

You had mentioned in your previous email last week that you have
historically scheduled two days of training connected to your
conference.  Potential for availability of space would be in the two
days preceding the proposed conference run of dates (during the
weekends) versus two days after the conference in consideration of our
existing campus commitments for space on Thursdays and Fridays during
the summer months.

**At this point I would recommend that you complete and submit your date
requests for space as soon as possible via our Reservation Request
Process along with an attached Policy Waiver to request approval for
booking of space for dates more than 6 months in advance.  All of the
necessary forms you will need access to are available via our University
Center and Associated Facilities Website located at www.uh.edu/ucaf ,
then Click on Event Services.  The staff in our UC Conference and
Reservation Services (CARS) Office will be available to walk you through
the additional paperwork/approvals that will be needed to confirm space
for your conference.

Once you have completed the reservation request process we can then
continue to move forward with the planning process according to your
timeline and needs.

For ease in working through the Reservation Request Process I am
including information on contacts for the UC CARS Office.  You can
submit your requests directly to this office.  I have also copied James
Pettijohn, Assistant Director, UC Event Services on this email as he
will be a great resource as you move forward with your conference
planning.

James Pettijohn, Assistant Director UC Event Services

Theresa Crosslin or Charris Powers, Reservationists

tcrosslin at uh.edu    or    crpowers at uh.edu

Office Phone: (713) 743-5287

Fax: (713) 743-5282

In reference to your question on Parking needs for your conference, you
can certainly work with our staff in the UC Conference and Reservation
Services (CARS) Office to begin seeking answers to your questions on
parking for your conference.  There are some options available to you as
far as purchase of advance passes etc. in the new campus Parking Garage
that is located near the University Center and on the same street as
Moody Towers and the UH Hilton Hotel.

We look forward to receiving your requests for your 2007 Perl
Conference.  I have added the additional UH contacts that were on your
original email regarding your conference bid award so they are updated
as well.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if needed for additional
information as you move forward with your planning.

Thanks,

Cheryl Grew-Gillen

Cheryl Grew-Gillen, Associate Director

University Center and Associated Facilities

The University of Houston

282 University Center

Houston, TX  77204-3049

713.743.5280 - Office