[Yapc-na-organizers] Sponsors

Jeremy Fluhmann jeremy at msc.tamu.edu
Fri Sep 15 14:32:01 PDT 2006

On Wednesday, September 13, 2006 7:17 AM, G. Wade Johnson wrote:
> It seems we need to be moving faster. At the Houston.pm meeting
> last night, one of our members said his company is already
> willing to sponsor YAPC::NA, all we need is to tell them what to
> do.
>
> That probably means we need a plan. Any ideas?

Agreed.  I received an e-mail today from Chris Hardie with Summersault
(http://www.summersault.com/) about wanting to take a more active role
in providing support/sponsorship.  Information from Pete (YAPC::NA,
Chicago) about sponsorship showed that they [YAPC::NA 2006] had four
levels of sponsorship (feel free to correct anything Pete ;-):
  Platinum - $5,000 or more
  Gold - $1,000 to $4,999
  Silver - $100 to $999
  Auction - Item(s) Value

I know that a few sponsors also covered various expenses and items for
the conference (such as Sxip providing lanyards and badges and Google
covering T-shirts), which I'm not sure if they just designated that
their contribution be used for X, or if they said "Let me know how much
X is, and well contribute that much."  More information from Pete showed
additional sponsorship opportunities for potential supporters, which
included:
  Venue Sponsorship
  Banquet Sponsorship
  T-Shirt Sponsorship
  Snack Sponsorship
  Printed Program Sponsorship
  Speaker Event Sponsorship

We'll need to decide what benefits come with the various levels of
sponsorship.  All of the money gets sent to The Perl Foundation.  And, I
believe, all of the expenses (deposits, etc.) get paid by TPF (from
money acquired by sponsorship, registration fees, sales, etc.).

I know a few more people have joined this list in the past few days.
Please feel free to offer any thoughts, comments, or concerns that you
may have.

Thanks,
Jeremy