[Van-pm] January van.pm meeting

mock mock at obscurity.org
Wed Jan 18 12:48:53 PST 2006

On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 08:14:31PM -0800, Helen Cook wrote:

> Hello and happy new year!  Hope you all had a good holiday.
>
> Let's make some plans for a January meeting.  I like the format of
> having two short(er) talks; I think this works quite well.
>
> I spoke with Gurusamy Sarathy at the ActiveState party last month, and
> have (hopefully sucessfully) convinced him to give a talk.  One
> suggestion for a topic is: lessons learned during the development of
> PureMessage.  Are there any other requests?
>
> Will, you had also expressed some interest last month about speaking in
> January..
>
> So the date, tentatively: Wednesday January 25, subject to speaker and
> meeting room availablility.
>
> --h

Assuming the date is still the 25th, I'll be talking about Localizing Catalyst
Applications.  If you're not already familiar with Catalyst, it's the MVC
framework all the cool kids are using to build their web apps (unlike
Ruby on Rails, which is so yesterdays news).  Let me tell you of all the
foolish design decisions I made, and how you can avoid them and hopefully do
it the right way the first time.  Useful code may be provided, if I get off
my ass and get it CPAN ready by that point, otherwise you'll be stuck with the
crappy examples on my slides.

Hope to see at least some of you there.

will