[Van-pm] January van.pm meeting

Luke Closs lukec at ActiveState.com
Wed Jan 18 12:55:53 PST 2006

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 08:48:53PM +0000, mock wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 08:14:31PM -0800, Helen Cook wrote:
> >
> > Hello and happy new year!  Hope you all had a good holiday.
> >
> > Let's make some plans for a January meeting.  I like the format of
> > having two short(er) talks; I think this works quite well.
> >
> > I spoke with Gurusamy Sarathy at the ActiveState party last month, and
> > have (hopefully sucessfully) convinced him to give a talk.  One
> > suggestion for a topic is: lessons learned during the development of
> > PureMessage.  Are there any other requests?
> >
> > Will, you had also expressed some interest last month about speaking in
> > January..
> >
> > So the date, tentatively: Wednesday January 25, subject to speaker and
> > meeting room availablility.
> >
> > --h
> >

> Assuming the date is still the 25th, I'll be talking about Localizing Catalyst
> Applications.  If you're not already familiar with Catalyst, it's the MVC
> framework all the cool kids are using to build their web apps (unlike
> Ruby on Rails, which is so yesterdays news).  Let me tell you of all the
> foolish design decisions I made, and how you can avoid them and hopefully do
> it the right way the first time.  Useful code may be provided, if I get off
> my ass and get it CPAN ready by that point, otherwise you'll be stuck with the
> crappy examples on my slides.
>
> Hope to see at least some of you there.
>
> will

Catalyst is already passe.  Jifty is what all the cool kids are using
now (it's true - I asked them).

Having said that, I still think any Catalyst talk would be
interesting... :)

Also, I've been talking with GSAR about his talk.  He's not sure what
he should present on that will be interesting.  Does anyone have ideas
or requests?

Luke

--
Luke Closs