[tpm] October meeting / speakers needed

Yanick Champoux yanick at babyl.ca
Fri Oct 12 08:03:44 PDT 2018

On 2018-10-11 02:34 PM, Alex Beamish wrote:
> If you have an idea for a talk, please think about it (or just start
> building the presentation)

I have two rough ideas for talks. I'm wondering if one of them would be
of interest to the group.

1. I think I already terrified this group with Neovim::RPC, didn't I?
Well, lately I figured out that neovim has a remote plugin / host
architecture, and that the nodejs client for it is pretty sweet. I could
do a talk on how to write plugins in that system.

teasers:
   http://techblog.babyl.ca/entry/neovim-remote-plugins
   https://github.com/yanick/nvim-jq

2. one of my pet projects to learn new languages is an implementation of
Full Thrust (think Battletech or WH4K, but with spaceships). The last
incarnation of the project is in NodeJS (see a pattern?), and... the
final tech-stack is almost obscene:
https://yanick.github.io/aotds/graph.html   I could give a whirlwind
introduction tour for seasoned Perlers of all those techs.

3.  I'm... game for mostly any other suggestion. Dare speak it, and I'll
dare talk about it. :-)

Joy,
`/anick