[tpm] April meeting in two day's time

Alex Beamish talexb at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 07:44:27 PDT 2018

Hi All,

I updated the meetup.com description but neglected to post to the mailing
list -- so here's my announcement for this month:

We do not have a scheduled speaker this month, so I am planning to do
something a little different. We all know LAMP stands for Linux, Apache,
MySQL and Perl/Python/PHP .. at this meeting, I'd like to poll each
attendee and get their three or four best questions (and expected answers)
as an interviewer for a LAMP position.

This isn't a chance to show off hilariously obscure bits of knowledge, but
perhaps a simple question that might end up having a simple answer, with
much more detail possible. I plan to take notes and circulate the
questions, answers and discussion to the mailing list.

So, to reiterate, this is about finding a few questions that will let you
find out if the person you're talking to knows how to set up a LAMP system,
and perhaps gauge the level of their knowledge. For instance, I know enough
Apache to have it run Perl CGIs, but know virtually nothing about how to
set up nginx.

Feel free to share a few questions of your own on this mailing list over
the next few days -- see you Thursday!

Alex

PS And feel free to volunteer for a talk in May!

--
Alex Beamish

Software Developer / https://ca.linkedin.com/in/alex-beamish-5111ba3
Speaker Wrangler, Toronto Perlmongers / http://to.pm.org/
Baritone, Board Member, Toronto Northern Lights, 2013 Champions /
www.northernlightschorus.com
Certified Contest Administrator, Barbershop Harmony Society /
www.barbershop.org