[tpm] post-Keenan Dancering

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Wed Feb 22 11:50:18 PST 2012

On 2/22/12 2:01 PM, James E Keenan wrote:
> On 2/22/12 1:10 PM, Olaf Alders wrote:
>> Hi Everyone,
>>

>> https://gist.github.com/1886356
>>
>> Let me know if you run into any problems deploying the app locally
>> with these instructions.
>
> The instructions are clear enough, but I encountered problems installing
> dependencies. Granted, this was my first time using 'cpan', but I got
> these "bailing out" messages:

> ! Bailing out the installation for XML-RSS-1.49. Retry with --prompt or
> --force.
> ! Bailing out the installation for XML-Atom-0.41. Retry with --prompt or
> --force.
> ! Bailing out the installation for XML-Feed-0.46. Retry with --prompt or
> --force.
> ! Bailing out the installation for Dancer-Plugin-Feed-0.6. Retry with
> --prompt or --force.
> ! Bailing out the installation for TorontoPerlMongers-0.1. Retry with
> --prompt or --force.
> 27 distributions installed
>
> Should I try installing them with good, old-fashioned 'cpan'?

I tried that. 'cpan' gives more verbose output and, when I studied it, I
eventually remembered something from trying to install XML::LibXML on
other machines.  It has a dependency on (at least) the libxml2 library.
  On my Linux box (though unfortunately not on my Mac), I eventually
managed to build and install that from source.  Once I did that, I was
able to use 'cpan' to install first XML::LibXML, then the three XML-*
distros listed above.  Finally, I was able to return to
'cpanm' and re-call 'cpanm --installdeps .' which completed the
installation.

Whew!