[tpm] Why perl lost steam...

Stuart Watt stuart at morungos.com
Tue Sep 21 12:22:35 PDT 2010

  Hi Jordan,

Strawberry Professional includes Catalyst and all common dependencies.
It's a bit bigger and still alpha, but basically it is Strawberry
standard underneath. I would be tempted to try that for a very quick start.

However, starting from a standard Strawberry install, Catalyst should
(in theory) install with the usual:

cpan Task::CatInABox

Beware that some modules do not install cleanly under Windows. They do
run under Windows fine - at least, we've been using them fine in
production for a few years now. I don't use Strawberry myself, as I
compile Perl without fork for performance, and anyway threading is
pointless under Windows/IIS. But effectively I use the same compiler and
processes, and I probably will switch now that a 64-bit Strawberry is out.

We've got Catalyst, OpenSSL, XML::LibXML, and all sorts of fun stuff
working well under Windows Server 2003/IIS. Email me if you need more
pointers.

--S
stuart at morungos.com
twitter.com/morungos