[tpm] Freshwater Perl 2011 (was: Perl Workshop)

Olaf Alders olaf at vilerichard.com
Fri Oct 29 21:37:46 PDT 2010

On 2010-10-29, at 9:25 PM, James E Keenan wrote:

> Mark, can you explain what a github 'organization' is?  Is there a difference between 'owners' of an organization and 'members'?  Is this something more than a mailing list for the conference?
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Jim Keenan

Hi Jim,

The idea was that rather than messing around with installing a Wiki, we could use Github as a hosted Wiki which we could all edit with minimal setup.  On that note, I've created a couple of bare bones pages in the Wiki, which need to be added to:

http://github.com/Freshwater-Perl/Freshwater-Planning/wiki

Phillip has posted a few thoughts on Git wikis which are helpful for getting started:

http://blogs.perl.org/users/phillip_smith/2010/08/git-backed-wikis-gollum-and-simple-installation-experiences.html

Best,

Olaf
--