[Thamesvalley-pm] April meetup: Thursday 28th April

Oliver Gorwits oliver at cpan.org
Thu Apr 14 05:51:05 PDT 2016

On 2016-04-14 13:42, Andrew wrote:
> I am curious what happens with Oxford...?
> I made friends with someone at Adestra once, and they're all Perl
> programmers, and I wonder if Oxford counts as part of the Thames Valley
> area, or if they have their own Perl Mongers at all?

I think Oxford is definitely a legitimate part of this group. I believe
a long time ago there was an Oxford Perl Mongers, but outside
London/Birmingham it's difficult to run a single-city Perl Mongers - for
example in Milton Keynes they are combined with the Linux User Group.
The Oxford group has long since died and is not (AFAIK) registered on
the Perl Mongers infrastructure any more.

p.s. I live in Oxford and work in Reading :)

regards,
oliver.