SPUG: Image::Magick runs from command line but not from IIS

Michael R. Wolf MichaelRWolf at att.net
Wed Dec 28 20:34:17 PST 2005

Anyone have any ideas how to debug Image::Magick use as part of a web
page that's served up by IIS?  A friend of mine sent the request
below.  We dug around for an hour trying to find better documentation.
It works from the command line.  It doesn't work as a CGI script.
I'm betting it's an IIS issue, but can't find any documentation.

We did a vanilla binary install to a Windows install from here:

  ImageMagick: Install from Binary Distribution
  http://studio.imagemagick.org/script/binary-releases.php

It installed fine, and the demos work.

Ideas on what additional may be needed for an IIS environment?

Thanks!!!

>   Mike:
>
>   When attempting to execute this statement:
>
>   use Image::Magick;   #This is line 91
>
>   I get the following message returned by the web server:
>
>   Software error:
>   Can't load 'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/Image/Magick/Magick.dll' for module
>   Image::Magick: load_file:The specified module could not be found at
C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
>    at c:\inetpub\wwwroot\dgh\cgi-bin\dispatch.pl line 91 Compilation
failed in require at c:\inetpub\wwwroot\dgh\cgi-bin\dispatch.pl line 91.
>   BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\dgh\cgi-bin\dispatch.pl
>   line 91.
>
>   The .dll file IS at the place specified.
>
>   When I do perl -e "use Image::Magick 99999" from the command prompt, I
do get the correct version number.

--
Michael R. Wolf
    All mammals learn by playing!