SPUG:Re:[Fwd: Please stop sending me emails]

Aaron Salo aaron at activox.com
Tue Jun 10 08:52:31 CDT 2003

At 11:34 PM 6/9/2003 -0700, Stadium District wrote:
>They don't seem to have a good outbound policy.  Please call Earthlink
>and tell them how irritated you are that your e-mail is blocked for this
>reason.  I will do the same.

::SNIP::

>I will look into this 'problem' and see if I can find a resolution.

FWIW my previous frustration with such things has dropped to virtually nil
after installing SpamAssassin. Using the default settings, only a tiny
handful get through now. Tiny, as in one or two a day.

I have all the flagged spam put into a spambox for review, peek thru it on
the server using pine to avoid the need to download it, and then flush it
once a week. Last week, 877 pieces of spam got snagged. There have been
weeks with more than 1300 pieces nailed. The half hour it took me to
download it and install has been repaid many many times over. And I no
longer have to blindly | /dev/null all the inbound mail from yahoo,
hotmail, msn, earthlink or keep tweaking my procmail filters for new
keywords as I was doing before.

Give it a try. HTH.

aaron