SPUG:Microsoft: Open source threatens our business model

Jay Scherrer jay at scherrer.com
Wed Feb 19 19:23:42 CST 2003

Perl's expression "There is more than one way to do it" fits really nice here.
If people feel comfortable paying for a software security blanket, let them.
The open source frame of mind is as old as school itself, which is open
sourced. But when you graduate, don't you expect to earn a good living?
Showing or helping others what you have gleaned? Since this is a Perl list,
Aren't you glad Perl has been ported to so many operating systems? Write once
and deploy anywhere on any thing... Truly without cross-compiling!
Jay