SPUG: Perl On Linux/Unix Versus Windows

Richard Wood wildwood_players at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 19 09:59:08 CDT 2001

Asim,

I am working at ATTWS in Redmond and there is quite a
bit of perl on Solaris here and also some on HP
although I don't have direct contact with that.  Not
much Linux that I am aware of.

Rich Wood

--- "Hartman, Karl B" <karl.b.hartman at Boeing.COM>
wrote:
> HPUX & Solaris too  (The servers I take care of are
> HPUX, Solais and various
> levels of RH Linux)
>
> -- Trevor Leffler <tleffler at u.washington.edu> spake
> thusly:
>
> > We use Perl on linux and AIX.
>

> -- Bryan Dees <Bryan.Dees at airborne.com> spake
> thusly:
>
> > We use Perl on HPUX and Linux.
>

> -- "Hartman, Karl B" <karl.b.hartman at Boeing.COM>
> spake thusly:
>
> > We do too.
>

> For those of you who haven't responded yet, please
> send responses to
> Asim personally. I see no point in burdening the
> list with a flood of
> messages indicating individual Perl environments,
> and I'm sure that
> Asim will submit his findings once he compiles them
> (which will be a
> good deal more useful anyway).
>
> Unless, of course, you wish to start a discussion
> regarding your
> particular environment.

> by your Email-address
>  For daily traffic, use spug-list for LIST ;  for
> weekly, spug-list-digest
>      Seattle Perl Users Group (SPUG) Home Page:
> http://zipcon.net/spug/

=====
Richard O. Wood
Wildwood IT Consultants, Inc.