SPUG: perl - sql - text datafield

Martin Korb mkorb at versuslaw.com
Fri Oct 19 11:24:17 CDT 2001

I am writing a cgi program which queries a database table. One of the columns has data-type of text (meaning it exceeds 256 bytes). I am trying to display the content of all the columns on a page as cells of a table (this is the easy part). I am just not able to display the content of the column whose data-type is text. I know the content is actually stored as a pointer to the content in the database table, but I am not at all sure how do get out.
Do I need to loop over the content and just advance the pointer to point to next 256 bytes or what....?

Thanks Martin