SPUG: perl & asp

alan strahsburg drmsofhv at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 17 01:43:44 CDT 2000

I know there's got to be an easy answer to this, but I have a client that is
running ASP with Perl rather than vbscript, While I'm familiar with
ASP-vbscript, and familiar with perlscript, I'm having trouble combining the
ASP and Perl, namely  I have a value imported from form contents using

$user = $Request->Form("User");

when $user is checked imediately after this has has the correct value.

when I pass it to the sub and check it, it is usually still good, but once I
try to concatonate it with another string, it turns into what appears to be
a hash ref to WIN32::OLE ex. WIN32::OLE(0xblahblah).  I've tried to use 2
different methods to concatonate.

$fullpath = $thatpath.$user
($fullpath would now be = to something like
'c:\blah\WIN32::OLE(0x3593a79)'

and the same thing with trying to use a join.

any help greatly appreciated.

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org