SPUG: UW Perl Class

Joel Grow largest at largest.org
Mon Aug 21 21:11:42 CDT 2000

Hello SPUG-nation,

There was some discussion of the UW Perl class earlier this year on the
list.  I wanted to let you know about this year's upcoming class.

This eight-month program is taught by yours truly and meets once/week in
the new UW laptop computer lab at their downtown Seattle location at 4th
and Union (it was in Bellevue last year).  The program is split up into
three ten-class units: beginning Perl, advanced/OO Perl, and Perl and the
web.  We start at the beginning and go in-depth on many Perl topics,
including regular expressions, complex data structures, object oriented
Perl, database access, CGI programming, and lots more.

There is a free information meeting about the course this Thursday, August
24th from 6-7 PM at the UW Extension downtown, 1325 4th Ave Suite 400.
Another free info session will be held on Wednesday September 6 from
noon-1 PM at the same location.

More info is available at
http://www.outreach.washington.edu/extinfo/certprog/per/per_main.asp

Email me if you'd like references from students from last year's class.
And feel free to email me with questions!

thanks

Joel

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org