Perl class at the JC

Mike Wong mike_w3 at pacbell.net
Mon Jan 5 17:36:30 CST 2004

Or maybe he's invoking the Pathalogically Eclectic Rubbish Lister form
of Perl. In which case, I'd say that the course description very much
qualifies.

On the other hand, it leads me to wonder who would be interested in CGI
programming post-web boom. My own suspicions (backed by a recent
experience) leads me to believe that the candidate will likely be an MIS
majour. IMHO, MIS majours are interested in CGI from a reduce-IT-costs
business point-of-view and not interested in the technology or the
culture (or such minour things as implementation and accuracy). Their
only interest in technology is that some of these poor souls believe
that they will be qualified to manage technical people after taking a
few courses.

I suspect that the description has been written to appeal to such
people, who don't like reading and thinking, but do like telling others
what technology to use. I wonder what this means for the JC's agenda?

- m.

--
Mike Wong <mike_w3 at pacbell.net>