Perl class at the JC

troy fryman at sonic.net
Mon Jan 5 21:21:22 CST 2004

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 03:36:30PM -0800, Mike Wong wrote:

> Or maybe he's invoking the Pathalogically Eclectic Rubbish Lister form
> of Perl. In which case, I'd say that the course description very much
> qualifies.

I was wondering who'd chime in first with my favorite Perl acronym...

> On the other hand, it leads me to wonder who would be interested in
> CGI programming post-web boom.

We should remember that (despite the best efforts of his holiness Dr.
Agrella to discourage it) SRJC is still a /community/ college.  That
means its target audience should consist not only of career minded
individuals, but also of the grandpa who wishes to script pictures of
his heirloom tomatoes.  I hope SRJC continues to fit that need, but it
will require an administration and overall attitude change to make it
so.

Oh, and most of the catalog descriptions were written years ago.  They
seldom change...

-troy