[sf-perl] Stack Overflow Blog: "Why Perl is still relevant in 2022"

Sean Dodger Cannon el.dodgero at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 18:13:55 PDT 2022

Honestly, it seemed to be written by an amateur from the first paragraph.

I like the positivity in theory but it’s starting to look like denialism.

Even the few Perl jobs out there are requiring you use “modern perl”, read:
“load needless module overhead to make your OO code look like it isn’t
Perl”, and treating you like an amateur if you didn’t climb onto the Moose
“perl cosplaying as java” bandwagon.

Otherwise, we’re pretty much stuck searching for a Rosetta Stone to figure
out how to do super advanced shit we’ve been doing for decades, but in
python instead because it has a marketing department.

Oh well. Such is life, and since I don’t see being able to “use
Tensorflow;” in the foreseeable future I guess I need to put on my big boy
pants and make myself learn the weird, nonsense language of snakes instead.

—
Dodger

On Friday, 8 July 2022, yary <not.com at gmail.com> wrote:

> Nice to see a positive article, even if it does start to look a little
> amateurish after a while- comments had some valid critiques. And it's still
> better than the nothing I've ever written for StackOverflow. Thanks for
> pointing it out!
>
> -y
>

> On Thu, Jul 7, 2022 at 11:15 PM William Michels <wjm1 at caa.columbia.edu>
> wrote: