[sf-perl] Can't locate Frontier/Daemon.pm in @INC

Darryl Kaili dmakio at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 8 10:37:39 PDT 2009

Firstly, why are you concerned with Forking.pm and XPC.pm?

The link shows that there should be no such, in fact no dependencies for the Frontier::Daemon.pm module - yet I don't know what errors or complications you've encountered.  Sometimes it's helpful if you include error messages when asking for help.

http://deps.cpantesters.org/?module=Frontier::Daemon;perl=latest

You can find if a module has dependencies and a host of other module related information at cpan.org.

Secondly, sometimes the module can be plopped into one of the @INC directories and it'll work.  But, If the module has to be compiled then your machine, XP, will need to a compiler to do so.

Here's a link, that I found by simply googling "perl module install xp."

http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=325846

If you're new to Perl perlmonks can answer almost any question you will ever have.

I'm new to this mailing list, but I think its use is primarily for resources regarding the SF Perl community AND after a thorough attempt on one's own is conducted and you are simply stumped.

I found a ton of information by googling.

You can email me directly if you still have questions.

Darryl