[sf-perl] Do You Twitter?

Vicki Brown vlb at cfcl.com
Sat Sep 22 10:03:22 PDT 2007

Hmmm... I take your point about the conversational element.

I can't agree with this:
> Jaiku is more like micro-"blogging".

Twitter is also microblogging. Not all weblogs get discussions in the
comments.

Other than that, I agree with you. The relationship between the post and
the reply/comment is currently missing in Twitter. I doubt, however, that
it will be missing for very long.

> Also, Jaiku is an agggregator.  I'm currently feeding 15 other RSS feeds
>where
> I might be posting something (my Flickr, my use.perl, geekcruises
>podcast,

I know this is possible in Twitter. I'm "following" news feeds in Twitter
this way. (RSS never clicked for me).  However, I'm not sure that it's
readily supported without effort.

Thanks for the info!
(even though I'll stick with Twitter :)
--
- Vicki

     ZZZ
  zzZ                   San Francisco Bay Area, CA
 z  |\     _,,,---,,_   Books, Cats, Tech
zz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_  http://cfcl.com/vlb
 '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)      http://vlb.typepad.com/commentary/