[Purdue-pm] _Programming Perl_ fourth edition

Mark Daniel Ward mdw at purdue.edu
Mon Feb 20 06:07:03 PST 2012

Dear Mark,

It's only $29.19 on Amazon for the pre-order paperback, and they have a
price guarantee that, if the price drops before it is printed (a bit
unlikely in this case, I guess), you automatically get the lower price.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0596004923/

Still, this beats the buy 2 get 1 free pricing on O'Reilly itself.

By the way, for the e-book, I'm sure we'll get this in Safari bookshelf
through Purdue libraries if people want to read it electronically, at
least while connected to the web.

Mark

On 2/20/12 7:32 AM, Mark Senn wrote:
> _Programming Perl_ (also known as the camel book because there is a camel
> on the cover) ebook is out.  Printed version is estimated to be out later
> this month.  It is advertised on
>      http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9780596004927.do
> for $19.99 ebook, $54 pre-order physical book, buy 2 get 1 free,
> free shipping on orders over $29.99, and 100% guarantee.  It covers
> Perl 5.14 with  preview of features in the upcoming 5.16.
>
> Would different people like to put their orders together to save money?
>
> I have not checked if the Purdue Perl Mongers as a user group could get
> a better deal than this.  I'll do that next.
>
> -mark

8th International Purdue Symposium on Statistics
"Diversity in the Statistical Sciences for the 21st Century"
http://www.stat.purdue.edu/symp2012/
Purdue University,  June 20 - 24, 2012