APM: Re: Fwd: Majordomo results

Peter Lowe pgl at mini.instinct.org
Wed Oct 24 04:34:51 CDT 2001

On Oct 23, Jenda Krynicky wrote:
> It's quite good over here. Not like in McCann-Erickson where they
> months, where the person who was the bosses best friend
> yesterday was fired immediately today, ... crazy company.
> Thanks god I'm away.

I've worked for places like that before, I know what you mean.

> For the salary ... I don't know. I think it's rather good, but it
> depends on what you expect or what do you compare it to.

fair enough.

> And we are always looking for more people.

hmmmm.

> Almost same here. Though it's a bit more IIS/VBScript oriented.
> You can find "programmers" in VB easier in Prague. Well
> programmers ... some of them are mere "script kidies" ;-)

really? oh dear. do you get to do any perl at all?

> Being sysadmin .... especialy if you are the user support person
> yourself ... gets on your nerves. You never know what will explode
> when, you're never done with anything, the only time when you can
> concentrate on real work is during night when everybody's out ...
> I've had enough.

yes! exactly! waiting around until something breaks, getting everybody
shouting at you because it's YOUR fault that it's broken, yet when
everything's running smoothly noone cares.

 - peter.

--
This is not the signature you are looking for. Move along.