APM: Re: Fwd: Majordomo results

Peter Lowe pgl at mini.instinct.org
Tue Oct 23 11:33:40 CDT 2001

On Oct 23, Jenda Krynicky wrote:
> My oldest. Something I'm kind of ashamed of. It's in big need of
> total rewrite ... which I plan for years already and never had time
> and strength to start.

everything is always in need of a rewrite. :-)

> I used to work as a sysadmin/user suport person in an advertising
> agency for 2.5 years.
> Now I'm working for TMP.worldwide as "backend developer".

ah! my friend has just applied for a job there. what's it like? is it
good pay, and are they looking for more people? :-)

> I'm currently working on an Intranet/Internet project for automated
> job offer posting. One of it's faces will become part of monster.com.
>
> Mostly ASP/VBScript and MSSQL ... but I'm using Perl for some
> tasks as well of course. For example to generate the VB code ;-)
>
> And you?

I'm a "developer" for a company called "capitol internet publisher". we
do intranet and internet stuff for people like cesky telecom, british
airways, dell and a few others. I mostly do projects in php, mysql and
postgres, but we use oracle, perl, mssql, c, or whatever too (whatever
the customer has). I try to do as much perl as possible, which isn't much
unfortunately. I've done a few years of programming and sysadmin stuff
for a load of different companies in london and prague. I realised I
really didn't like being a sysadmin a couple of years ago after I got
a chance to move to a programming position in the company I was working
for, I will hopefully never go back to doing it.

--
This is not the signature you are looking for. Move along.