Phoenix.pm: CC transactions

EdelSys Consulting edelsys at edelsys.com
Wed Apr 19 04:26:20 CDT 2000

At 05:06 AM 4/19/00 EDT, you wrote:
>Does anyone have any experience setting up Internet Credit Card
transactions?
> I have so many questions, that I'm not sure really where to start.
>
>I want to be able to charge a computed amount each month for my (eventual)
>account holders.  (Pretty much a standard monthly billing sort of cycle).  I
>want to do it automatically via a Perl program, that most likely will use
LWP
>to send and get approval/denial info.
>
>I've done some surfing at CC 'Gateway' sites...  Does anyone have any
>recommendations on a CC transaction processing company?
>
>If anyone is knowledgable and wouldn't mind bantering back and forth via a
>couple of emails to get me going, I'd appreciate it.  It may not be
something
>worth garbaging up a Perl mailing list with.  (unless we have more folks
>interested...)
>
>Hope y'all had fun at the meeting!
>
>Sorry I missed it
>
>Tim
>beaves at aol.com

Unless you go through a third party, be prepared to install a dedicated
phone line with a modem so that you can send your transactions to
the credit card companies.

Tony

--
--  Anthony R. Nemmer -- EdelSys Consulting
--  http://www.swlink.net/~edelsys -- edelsys at edelsys.com
--  ICQ #14638605 -- EFNet IRC Nicks: Teratogen PerlGod LLamaLord
--  vCard:  http://www.edelsys.com/edelsys.vcf
--  (480) 968-6438 --  P.O. Box 1883,  Tempe, Arizona 85280-1883