[Pdx-pm] [gh-pages] proposed update with content

benh ben.hengst at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 23:52:04 PDT 2013

Anthony, thanks for the feedback, I think this might be a case where
we are agreening with vigor:

All I am proposing is that we have a landing page, nothing more. No
pages, no posts just a landing page. This is just my proposal for what
we ~could~ have as a landing page. I agree the idea of building out
new pages just to mirror what is already on the wiki is less than
ideal.

All content should be stored on the wiki. I am proposing a landing
page that is more a description of what pdx.pm is and then links to
the wiki where approperate for actual content.

An entry added to calagator should include the content about the
specific meeting in question  (ie wiki content) + some boilerplate
about pdx.pm. I do not see these event listings as content rather this
is just a way to further announce a meeting.

As for updates to the landing page, sure they can happen as needed.
Though ideally the whole concept of a landing page like this is to
have minimal content and then to point people elsewhere, thus there
really should not be much need to change the content if we get it to a
point where all the correct links are included.

[ACTION REQUESTED]
Is there any reason that this proposal (http://pdxpm.notbenh.info)
should not be posted? For example:
- are there any spelling/grammar errors?
- are there any missing elements that are fundamental to a description
of the group?
- are there any other counter proposals that we want to look at before
pusing live?

In the case of no show-stopper issues mentioned on the list a
non-reply or +1 will be intrepreted as: "Looks good push it some time
on Wed (19th)"

The good news is that this is just a git repo, we can always change it
later. Speaking of which, does any one else want a commit bit to this
repo?