[Pdx-pm] Ask PDX.PM: SVK 2.0 on Win32

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 15:29:03 PST 2007

# from Kris Bosland
# on Friday 05 January 2007 01:58 pm:

>I thought I read something that said I couldn't use
>1.2 with 1.4.  But that would be a 1.4 client with a 1.2 server.
>  Maybe they mean that 1.X client will work with 1.Y server where
>  X <  Y?  Maybe it is a TortiseSVN problem
>  and not a Subversion problem.

My guess would be that you can't use tortise 1.2 on the same *working
copy* as the svn 1.4 command-line client.  I've never seen a
client/server incompatibility.  The working copies are quite a bit
pickier because of all of the data stored in files in the .svn
directory.  But svk doesn't use any of the (I think they call it
something south of "ugly") working-copy code from svn, so no worries
there.

--Eric
--
Like a lot of people, I was mathematically abused as a child.
--Paul Graham