[Pdx-pm] Grand Unified PDX Programming Group Calendar?

Daniel Johnson teknotus at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 14:21:22 PST 2007

On Dec 8, 2007 1:42 PM, Audrey Eschright <spinnerin at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Well... The big problems with the current Google Calendar setup are
> scheduling recurring events with odd schedules ('last Saturday of the month'
> is tricky, as is 'every other Tuesday plus the third Sunday'), and access
> control: we want everyone involved with a group to have access to add
> events, but still be able to handle spam and other misbehavior. I think
> import/export are important, too, so we can grab updates directly from
> groups that publish their own calendar already, and allow others to pull
> event info from the central calendar onto their own site.

The cycling community I am "shift" in is working on a new calendaring app.

Some of it's features include:

* Letting anybody from the community create an event without creating
an account first, but still letting them edit the event later by
sending them a key via email.

* Every event submission creates a new wiki page, and a new forum
thread for people to communicate about the upcomming event.

* Previous event locations, are live searchable via AJAX to make new
event creations less tedius.

* Automatic map creation.

* Feedback system to make reports about how the event actually went.

--
teknotus
Take Notice