[Pdx-pm] Grand Unified PDX Programming Group Calendar?

Selena Deckelmann selenamarie at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 14:27:28 PST 2007

On Dec 8, 2007 1:42 PM, Audrey Eschright <spinnerin at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Well... The big problems with the current Google Calendar setup are
> scheduling recurring events with odd schedules ('last Saturday of the month'
> is tricky, as is 'every other Tuesday plus the third Sunday'), and access
> control: we want everyone involved with a group to have access to add
> events, but still be able to handle spam and other misbehavior. I think
> import/export are important, too, so we can grab updates directly from
> groups that publish their own calendar already, and allow others to pull
> event info from the central calendar onto their own site.

Another issue is group announcements. I would love to be able to
contact the leads of each group when we have an event that would be of
interest to multiple communities. Right now, I have to contact 10
different people. Reducing that to a mailing list/forum and two or
three people would be very nice.

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann
PDXPUG - Portland PostgreSQL Users Group