[Pdx-pm] Code Camp

Michael G Schwern schwern at pobox.com
Thu Jul 7 15:23:02 PDT 2005

On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 03:06:06PM -0700, Kris Bosland wrote:
> Well, I am actually considering going (I just don't want to join Yahoo to
> do it).  I don't have a problem with any of the techies I have met from
> Microsoft, but I have a knee-jerk reaction when something looks like
> "hidden evangelism" (makes me envision isolate-and-hard-sell tactics).
>
> This sounds to me like a good way to learn about .NET and/or C#.  But I
> would have been upset if I did not know that before I went.

Maybe we can stack it with Perl programmers.

And monkeys!
http://pacwest.ms/codecamp/images/presenters/emork.jpg

> Tangentially, is ".ms" the microsoft top level domain?

Its Montserrat, a tiny island in the caribbean which is mostly covered in
volcanic ash and Windows ME cds right now.
http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/mh.html

--
Michael G Schwern     schwern at pobox.com     http://www.pobox.com/~schwern
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.