[Pdx-pm] whois

Todd Caine tcaine at eli.net
Fri Jul 9 12:48:47 CDT 2004

Josh,

You might give Net::Whois::RegistryFusion a try.  A new version was just uploaded to the CPAN yesterday.

ARIN does implement some kind of rate-limiting on connections to their WHOIS server.  I just called ARIN and they said that they allow 30 queries within a 5 minute period before your IP address is denied for ~1 hour.

Most of the Regional Internet Registries provide bulk WHOIS data which can be downloaded via anonymous FTP.  Although, ARIN is the only registry which makes people sign an AUP before getting access to the bulk whois data.

Todd