[Pdx-pm] Error opening a file.

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Tue Aug 13 12:58:17 CDT 2002

>>>>> "Russ" == Russ Johnson <russj at dimstar.net> writes:

Randal> But it is not as you say.

Russ> I figured out what was happening, and it wasn't anything to do with that line.

Russ> It ran fine from the command line with two parameters, but didn't run
Russ> from the web browser. So I looked at my code to read the
Russ> parameters. That was fine. The problem was that I didn't create the
Russ> URL properly in the calling script. I put "?" between my parameters.

Russ> With an ampersand between the parameters, it works fine...

Bingo.  In general, if the problem *doesn't make sense*, then
something about the testing environment (or the operating conditions)
should be inferred.