[Omaha.pm] Catalyst for Perl...?

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Fri Nov 9 07:31:43 PST 2007

On Nov 8, 2007, at 2:58 PM, Daniel Linder wrote:
> I am interested in the Catalyst framework for Perl.  (I was
> interested in
> Ruby on Rails, but just haven't had the time to learn Ruby and pick
> up the
> "on Rails" piece too...)
>
> Anyone using this in real life?

We're not. We rolled our own MVC structure. We use Template::Toolkit
for our Views and we rolled our own ORM for our Model. I've played
with various ORMs that they list, but we don't use any of them.

ORM: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object-relational_mapping

I like their new web page... Very clean and modern.

   http://www.catalystframework.org/

I like shiny things.  :)

If you give it a shot let us know what you think. Better yet, come
show it to us at a meeting. We can do a Perl-specific meeting if the
DynLUG meeting schedule doesn't work well.