[Neworleans-pm] New Orleans Perl Mongers: Our Future

Alex Walker alex at houseofwalker.net
Sun Nov 26 22:19:34 PST 2006

I'm checking in a little late here, but I'd like to second Dave's
suggestions. The meetings I've been to recently (which, admittedly,
have been few and far between) have been pretty free-wheeling affairs
with a lot of discussion of things other than Perl. Personally, my own
work has involved a lot more PHP, JSP, and Java Server Faces, so it
would be great to have something that was a bit more open to that.
Heck, I might even have some things to present a bit more formally to
the group.

As for the meeting time, let's go ahead and give that up. I'd still
like to keep it at Fair Grinds on another night if we can. I've had a
class that meets on Thursday nights this semester so I haven't been to
a meeting for a while, but I do have every intension of showing up a
bit more regularly after the new year.

As to the name...  "NOLA Coders" sounds pretty good. I'd also be open
to "NOLA Web Programmers" or "NOLA People Who Were Picked Last in Gym
Class and Who Now Spend Too Much Time in Front of a Computer".

Alex