[Neworleans-pm] Fwd: New Orleans Perl Mongers: Our Future

B. Estrade estrabd at mailcan.com
Sun Nov 26 09:36:04 PST 2006

(btw, I am not sure what email address of mine is registered here
anymore, so pls post to the list if this gets rejected or doesn't show
up)

I think that going from a PM to a "web programmer" group is a very,
very bad idea.    Perl != web programming, though this is an area
where it obviously shines.

If most regular attendees of the meetings are web programmers using
Perl, then simply format the subject matter to this area of use fperl.

If it is indeed the consensus to become a general web programming
club, then you are no longer a "Perl Monger" group and need to inform
the PM folks so that people that are exclusively interested in all
things Perl can have this distinction.

Brett