Coding Together

Peter Edwards peter at dragonstaff.com
Thu Dec 20 07:17:25 PST 2007

Sounds like a plan, Tony. I'll have a look over EUMM (hope I pass my sanity
roll on that one, I can't afford to lose any more points).

Hi Gavin, what we discussed at the Perl 20th beano was that we'd do a
preliminary recce to see what needed doing and then divide it up into
writing tests, writing docs and running the tests on different platforms, so
I guess it's worth waiting to see what the intrepid code explorers report
back. There will definitely be something for everyone to do. Tom is the Perl
testing guru round here so we'll follow his pointers and hopefully all learn
a lot.

The test file for Apache2::AuthCookieDBI is a non-test, as Tony said, and
thus a good candidate for improvement.

The related test for Apache::AuthCookieDBI is better:
http://search.cpan.org/src/MATISSE/Apache-AuthCookieDBI-2.1/test.pl

I'd normally expect to see tests in a 't' sub-directory accessible by 'make
test' from Makefile.PL, e.g. the suite for DBI
http://search.cpan.org/src/TIMB/DBI-1.601/ which uses Test::Simple. But I'm
jumping the gun here :-)

Regards, Peter

Dragonstaff Limited   <http://www.dragonstaff.com/>