Coding Together

Gavin Westwood pm at gavinwestwood.co.uk
Thu Dec 20 06:10:10 PST 2007

On 20/12/2007 10:33, Edwardson, Tony wrote:

> As discussed the other night, we probably want to check out the 4
> modules to see :-
>
>     * What testing already exists
>     * What the testing coverage is like
>     * What needs to be done
>     * How hard it is likely to be
>

> Tom has volunteered to do this for Log::Dispatch, I’ll investigate
> Apache2::AuthCookieDBI, so can I suggest that Olie looks at
> Perl::Metrics::Simple and Peter looks at ExtUtils::MakeMaker.

How about the three of us who are learning?  Should we each hook up with
one of yourselves?

> A quick look at Apache2::AuthCookieDBI reveals a very complicated test
> suite as follows :-
>

> BEGIN { $| = 1; print "1..1\n"; }
>
> END {print "not ok 1\n" unless $loaded;}
>
> # use Apache::AuthCookieDBI; # commented; can't really run this
> without Apache
>
> $loaded = 1;
>
> print "ok 1\n";
>

> and that is it !

Ok, I don't get the first line, and the second one looks out of place
(but a quick google confirmed what I thought that it would get run at
the end of the procedure), but from what I can see this will always
print "ok 1"?

Gavin