[Melbourne-pm] Mojolicious deployment

Toby Wintermute tjc at wintrmute.net
Sun Oct 16 05:08:59 PDT 2011

Hi Myf,
Happy to chat more about this, but just some initial pointers..

1) Install Starman from CPAN, and try and use that to get your app
running inside it, on an arbitrary port, inside your own home
directory.

2) Now create a new dedicated user on the system, and copy your
application into its home directory, and get all the files owned by
it. Then, as that user, check that you can again get it running via
starman.
Make a little shell script that includes all the right parameters to
start it up.

3) Look into how to use init scripts or runit scripts to run that
shell script as that particular user, automatically on start-up.

4) set up apache, varnish, nginx or lighttpd to simply proxy requests
from port 80 over to the arbitrary port starman is running on.
ideally, do some caching too. I suggest Varnish, out of the above
options, but all of them can be used successfully.

On 16 October 2011 20:15, Myf White <myfwhite at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys & girls,
> I am having some major problems getting my head around some stuff to do with
> deploying a Mojolicious app. It's not all Mojolicious related (some of it is
> basic networking / apache / permissions etc) and I'm really struggling to
> work it out, partly because my confusion is so great that I can't even
> express my questions properly.
> I was hoping that one of you had enough knowledge of Apache & Plack to maybe
> chat to me for about 20 mins to talk through it and give me some guidance.
> If so, that would be awesome and I would totally owe you a pint of your
> choice of beverage at the next pm meeting!
> Cheers,
> Myf White
>
> Phone: 0413 757 052
> Email: myfwhite at gmail.com

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer
Things fall apart; the center cannot hold
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world