[Melbourne-pm] Perl DBI reference recommendations

Alec Clews alecclews at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 23:57:48 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 16:34, Daniel Pittman <daniel at rimspace.net> wrote:

> Alec Clews <alec.clews at gmail.com> writes:
>
> So, what do you actually /want/ from the DBI reference?
>
>  - a summary of DBI methods?
>  - how to use SQL through DBI directly?
>  - a guide to using an SQL abstraction module?
>  - a guide to effective SQL for MySQL, PgSQL, Oracle, or something else?
>  - a guide to the "best" ORM for Perl?

Good question.

I want a handy 'desk' reference with

a) Lots of examples
b) Easy to read and complete reference material

The reason is that I can't hold the details in my head (because I do not DBI
regularly) , but I need to keep knocking off dirty that little scripts that
run sql queries. I figure the easiest way for that is SQL via DBI rather
than an abstraction module.

Cheers

--
Alec Clews