[Melbourne-pm] Call for lightning talks for 14th Feb 2007

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Tue Feb 6 17:46:00 PST 2007

G'day everyone,

At our meeting next week we're running a bunch of lightning talks.  These are 5
minute long talks.  Currently we have talks from:

	Alfie John
	Simon Taylor - AI::Genetic -  A pure Perl genetic algorithm
		       implementa­tion

I'm sure Paul Fenwick will be up for one, and I might put one together myself.
However even with these, that's only 20 minutes of content.  How about you get
up and join us.  This is a great chance for first-time speakers to get an
opportunity to have a go speaking, and remember no matter how many mistakes you
make, it's over in 5 minutes.  :)

For those who need suggestions, visit the Wellington Perl Monger's CPAN Roulette
page:

	http://wellington.pm.org/bin/cpan_roulette.cgi

take the module it suggests and tell us a bit about it.  You might include:

	* what it does
	* basic synopsis
	* possible uses
	* its cpants/kwalitee/cpan ratings
	* who wrote it
	* similar modules

You can do this even if you never knew the module existed before and thus have
never used it!  Help us give a whirlwind tour of CPAN!

   ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._          |  Jacinta Richardson         |
    `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)  |  Perl Training Australia    |
  _..`--'_..-_/  /--'_.' ,'           | contact at perltraining.com.au |
 (il),-''  (li),'  ((!.-'             |   www.perltraining.com.au   |