[Melbourne-pm] Wikification of melbourne.pm.org?

Ben Marsh blm at woodheap.org
Mon Jan 9 23:46:56 PST 2006

* Paul Fenwick (pjf at perltraining.com.au) wrote:
> G'day Melb.PM,
> The current melbourne.pm.org webpage looks rather plain, and is a far cry from
> the exciting site we had running under YACMaS.  I'm like to see the site
> returned to its former glory, with calendars, talk descriptions, member
> profiles, summaries, reviews, and all the rest.

What is YACMaS?

> Now that perl.net is out in the open, we have a grand tool for making it easier
> for community editing to occur.  There's already a Melbourne.PM page at
> http://perl.net.au/wiki/Melbourne_Perl_Mongers and even a meeting history at
> http://perl.net.au/wiki/Melbourne_Perl_Mongers/Meeting_History .  However I
> believe this is just the tip of the iceberg; there's much more information that
> could be added regarding Melbourne.PM that hasn't.

Granted I am only new here but I like the idea of a seperate site.
Doesnt it look better for Melbourne Perl Mongers to have their own site?
Don't get me wrong.  I like wikis and I like perl.net.au.

Admittedly the current Melbourne.pm.org maintainer seems very busy on
other things.  I actually had the crazy thought that I might help
with/do the melbourne.pm.org web page.  I do envisage that such a website requires
information to be donated from lots of people.  But then so does a wiki.

<snip>

> What's my motivation for all this?  Well, I'd like the Melbourne.PM website to
> be great, but most importantly, I want it to be better than Sydney.PM's pages.  ;)

Me too. :-)  If everyone thinks that the best way for that is the
redirect to the Melbourne_Perl_Mongers page then so be it.  But I like
the idea of a separate web site more.

Ben Marsh