[Melbourne-pm] Wikification of melbourne.pm.org?

Paul Fenwick pjf at perltraining.com.au
Mon Jan 9 21:29:46 PST 2006

G'day Melb.PM,

The current melbourne.pm.org webpage looks rather plain, and is a far cry from
the exciting site we had running under YACMaS.  I'm like to see the site
returned to its former glory, with calendars, talk descriptions, member
profiles, summaries, reviews, and all the rest.

Now that perl.net is out in the open, we have a grand tool for making it easier
for community editing to occur.  There's already a Melbourne.PM page at
http://perl.net.au/wiki/Melbourne_Perl_Mongers and even a meeting history at
http://perl.net.au/wiki/Melbourne_Perl_Mongers/Meeting_History .  However I
believe this is just the tip of the iceberg; there's much more information that
could be added regarding Melbourne.PM that hasn't.

I'd like to put forth the proposal that we turn melbourne.pm.org into a redirect
to the Melbourne.PM PerlNet page.   That means that all members can then
contribute and improve the pages as they see fit.  If that goes ahead, I'd also
like to see if we can dig up the old YACMaS database and extract the information
from it.  I'm sure that many hands will make light work in converting it over to
its new format.

What's my motivation for all this?  Well, I'd like the Melbourne.PM website to
be great, but most importantly, I want it to be better than Sydney.PM's pages.  ;)

All the very best,

	Paul

--
Paul Fenwick <pjf at perltraining.com.au> | http://perltraining.com.au/