[LA.pm] advice about contracting

Peter Scott peter at psdt.com
Mon May 25 21:06:49 PDT 2015

> On May 25, 2015, at 8:58 PM, Mark Hedges <mark.hedges.data at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I would tend to doubt that they actually told you the truth about that.
>
> Probably what you were told, technically, was that the recruiter who found you the job got 10%. And they got nothing else, no base salary. Entry-level recruiters have a hard time of it. But what was actually happening was the company was taking a lion's share of an additional 20-30%, all hush hush. I'd bet you signed something saying you would not ask the end company how much they were paying, and that the end company signed a contract agreeing to not ask you how much you were making. That is usually how they play this game.

Nope, they didn't get me the job, I already had it and the prime forwarded me to the sub. And I found out the overhead from contacts at the prime, who were my main points of contact for all tasks. Didn't sign any clause like you described either. This sub was just there to avoid government paperwork.