[LA.pm] advice about contracting

Drew Taylor drew at drewtaylor.com
Mon May 25 23:19:33 PDT 2015

The agency takes 35-45%.... So really you're making more like $31/hr. No
one with *any* kind of experience should be working for those wages. I've
done a little research in the past and the umbrella corps tend to take more
like 10-15% to handle all the paperwork. 35% sounds like highway robbery,
especially considering you're getting essentially nothing for that money.
Ugh!

Drew