[LA.pm] Attending and/or volunteering for SCALE 9x!

Juan J. Natera naterajj at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 09:47:29 PST 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 1:47 AM, Gabor Szabo <szabgab at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 8:37 PM, Juan J. Natera <naterajj at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> There will be 2 Perl presentations this year, but we don't have the
>> dates/times yet:
>>
>> * Take Advantage of Modern Perl by chromatic
>> http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale9x/presentations/take-advantage-modern-perl
>
> I also submitted a talk but it was not accepted. Apparently there were
> 3 times more
> talks than slots. I am glad that they accepted the talk of chromatic
> whose presence
> is sponsored by the Perl Ecosystem Group.

This is PEG in action, it's pretty cool that make these kind of things
happen, thanks.

>> I have been informed by Gabor, that chromatic will have copies of his
>> Modern Perl book for sale at our booth, so come pick up a copy or
>> two!!
>>
>> And talking about the booth we will be at booth #90,
>
> It can be very useful to have a "postcard" with various Perl projects
> on one side
> and a list of events or links to information about the local user
> groups on he other
> side.
>
> The one we had at FOSDEM last year looks like this:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/44203237@N07/4357954174/in/set-72157623437904012/
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/44203237@N07/4357950956/in/set-72157623437904012/
>
> The source of those files can be found in
> https://github.com/szabgab/perl-promotion/blob/master/src/
>
> On the back there could be a list of the "near-by" Perl Monger groups.
> Whatever you decide what "near-by" might mean.
> It could also list upcoming Perl Workshops and the YAPC, even if those
> are further away in the US.

Listing upcoming Perl events would be great.

I have a flier for advertising local Perl Mongers, I was thinking of
adding the date/times of the 2 Perl Presentations to it.

> We could also help by arranging a shipment of wooden round tuits
> if you think that makes for a good joke.
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/44203237@N07/4357947858/in/set-72157623437904012/

I think those would be more popular at a Perl event, but they make for
a good joke nonetheless.

Thanks,

Juan Natera