[LA.pm] Attending and/or volunteering for SCALE 9x!

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 01:47:39 PST 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 8:37 PM, Juan J. Natera <naterajj at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> There will be 2 Perl presentations this year, but we don't have the
> dates/times yet:
>
> * Take Advantage of Modern Perl by chromatic
> http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale9x/presentations/take-advantage-modern-perl

I also submitted a talk but it was not accepted. Apparently there were
3 times more
talks than slots. I am glad that they accepted the talk of chromatic
whose presence
is sponsored by the Perl Ecosystem Group.

> I have been informed by Gabor, that chromatic will have copies of his
> Modern Perl book for sale at our booth, so come pick up a copy or
> two!!
>
> And talking about the booth we will be at booth #90,

It can be very useful to have a "postcard" with various Perl projects
on one side
and a list of events or links to information about the local user
groups on he other
side.

The one we had at FOSDEM last year looks like this:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/44203237@N07/4357954174/in/set-72157623437904012/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/44203237@N07/4357950956/in/set-72157623437904012/

The source of those files can be found in
https://github.com/szabgab/perl-promotion/blob/master/src/

On the back there could be a list of the "near-by" Perl Monger groups.
Whatever you decide what "near-by" might mean.
It could also list upcoming Perl Workshops and the YAPC, even if those
are further away in the US.

We could also help by arranging a shipment of wooden round tuits
if you think that makes for a good joke.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/44203237@N07/4357947858/in/set-72157623437904012/

regards
   Gabor

--