[Kc] Excel

djgoku djgoku at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 11:02:21 PDT 2006

On 9/2/06, Jay Hannah <jay at jays.net> wrote:

> Perhaps this is an opportunity for you to contribute a patch to
> Spreadsheet::ParseExcel? I have several things across various CPAN
> modules I've stumbled into that are in my to-do list to enhance. I'm
> not very good at getting around to that list, but someday...

I could for now add some VB to the master excel sheet (that is blank
nothing is selected) that does something like this:

Private Sub CheckBox1_Click()
IF Worksheets("Sheet1").CheckBox1 = True Then
Worksheets("Sheet1).Range("Z1") = 1
ELSE
Worksheets("Sheet1).Range("Z1") = 0
ENDIF
End Sub

I was just thinking that in cell Y I could put the description of what
the checkbox was refering to. Though I would have to change all the
checkboxes in the sheet, which would take sometime, but then all I
would need to do is parse just this rows true values. I know this
isn't the ideal solution yet, but it would work, though if the master
excel sheet ever changed I would have to change/add this stuff to it.