[Kc] Excel

Garrett Goebel ggoebel at goebel.ws
Sun Sep 3 16:49:45 PDT 2006

Try a google search on: perl "win32::ole" excel

Whatever you can do in VBA you should be able to do in perl using
Win32::OLE.

The difficulty is in navigating the OLE object hierarchy. For which
you'll need to consult microsoft's excel documentation.

I don't know how a checkbox is represented internally. Is it an
ActiveX control or a NumberFormat property applied to a cell? I ran
across one reference to finding checkboxes in the Shapes collection.

If you can find example VBA code for what you want to do... you
should be able to convert it to Perl without too much difficulty.

cheers,

Garrett