[Kc] Reminder: Meeting tonight 7pm at Planet Sub

djgoku djgoku at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 07:15:55 PDT 2006

On 7/12/06, C. Garrett Goebel <ggoebel at goebel.ws> wrote:

> In the end, all my effort was for naught. Planet Sub was where the group
> had last been meeting before I'd gotten involved. Well, I think we did end
> up solving the problem of overlap with KCLUG meeting times. Does anyone
> know the  current KCLUG schedule?

Quoted from KCLUG.org "KCLUG meetings are held on the first Wednesday
and third Tuesday of each month."

> On the one hand, having a single meeting place makes things very simple.
> And having a regular time even more so. On the other hand, having meetings
> out in the vicinity of KC, MO is pretty discouraging to the Lawrence and
> Topeka crowds. Who pretty much never come.
>
> If anyone else is up for it, I'd like to try having 2 standing
> "social" meetings per month on different days of the week... one near
> KC,MO and another out by I-35/I-435/K10. Where the week of the month
> would not conflict with KCLUG meetings. Using different days of the week
> would help alleviate scheduling conflicts for some people for those
> people who aren't too far away from either location. I think that
> would maximize the number of people who could be involved.

Maybe 2nd Tuesday and 4th Wednesday of the month?

> If there's no standing agenda to the meetings. Then I think people might
> be more likely to make it a regular thing. If the meeting venues are near
> enough to JCCC and UMKC/Rockhurst... we might eventually pick up some
> spill over interest from the college crowd.

I have setup a JCCCLUG, there isn't much activity on the "board/list".
I know they have *nix classes, which I have taken one of them. Maybe
we could have the teachers help put the word out for groups like us. I
have wanted to give a talk about *nix maybe in the intro class, but
don't think I have enough experience for that yet.